Thursday 15 January 2015

Parallax Propeller Minimal Breadboard

I had an extra Paralllax Propeller left over from a project - I had ordered two in case I damaged one. I was wondering what I can do to get started with it. I searched the net and found a minimum breadboard setup for the parallax propeller, it was quick to put together.

Top View


The printed label on top of the propeller chip came from here. Note that I reduced the printing size to about 54%, which is little too small but good enough.

This was fun to put together and start reading about the Propeller chips datasheet. It is a very interesting design featuring 8 processor cores!

Side View, showing how the FTDI is connected

I don't own a Prop Plug but I found that using a cheap FTDI USB connector from ebay works. The propeller's reset pin has to be connected to the DTR signal. Note that I did everything under Linux and used Brad's Spin Tool to compile spin programs and upload them to the propeller.

No comments:

Post a Comment